Size           : 22,2 MB

MySpace URL:http://www.myspace.com/melekamusic 

01. Boot Camp (Remix)                                        [03:42]
02. Say A Little Prayer                                      [03:34]
03. Boot Camp                                                [03:41]
04. The Truth                                                [04:01]
05. The Truth (Edge Remix)                                   [03:56]

About Meleka
Hailing from north-west London singer/ songwriter Meleka, 21,was crowned HUGO URBAN RULES winner in 2008 after wowing urban industry execs as well as chart topper Estelle. It was Meleka’s jazzy-laced self-penned r&b and fearless nature that made her the firm favourite for the grand prize at this year’s prestigious urban talent event. “I couldn’t believe Sabrina and Estelle wanted me to share the same stage as them. It was such a privilege,” Meleka modestly admits. As well as winning the chance to support Estelle (American Boy, Substitute Lover,1980) at HUGO URBAN RULES’ headline gig in Manchester, Meleka was also given the chance to record a single with full record label backing. September will see this life long dream of Meleka’s become a reality with the release of her debut single “Go” on Propaganda Records. “Go” also boasts stomping remixes including a 'refix' from Booda Bassline, a hotly requested Crazy Cousinz ( Bongo Jam) Funky House version and additional mixes from Diamond, Sid Mercutio and Doug McCourt. Courage, determination and passion have made Meleka into the person she is today. Having entered over 20 talent competitions since the age of six - and winning all but two of them - she is a natural performer oozing confidence and natural charm. It was these traits that caught the ears and eyes of fellow Londoner, Estelle. The American boy songstress said: “To me it comes down to having great vocals and the potential to do great things. The vocals are there and she's not scared. She just committed to the vocal. You did your thing and it was like 'OK I'm not nervous about what I'm doing, I'm just doing it' and I liked that." Meleka’s songs offer a soulful blend of r&b, pop, along with a cutting edge jazz flavour, which she describes as “beautifully honest” and which others say is reminiscent of a young Ella Fitzgerald or Brandy. Coming from a musical, multi-cultural background, Meleka has grown up surrounded by music. With Reggae/ Lovers Rock icons Janet Kay and Carroll Thompson as close family friends - it's clear to see how writing and performing come so easy to her. Meleka takes inspiration from a number of musical genres and cultural influences: 'I was really into musicals growing up. I loved Judy Garland and Fred Astaire.' Meleka also cites Betty Wright, India Arie, Wayne Marshall, George Michael and Stevie Wonder as just a few of her musical muses. Once you hear Meleka's fresh, irresistible vocals and her passionate song writing ability you'll understand why others are referring to her as the next big thing to come out of the UK. Meleka is talented enough to hold her own on the world stage: a perfect HUGO URBAN RULES ambassador.

http://www.rayfile.com/files/57784f28-8d15-11dd-9ed8-0019d11a795f/

评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册